This morning I had the honor of speaking at the inaugural WP Campus conference at the University of South Florida. This conference brings together those who use WordPress in higher education, a space that presents unique challenges not always discussed at other WordPress camps.
My presentation was about the options you have for creating multilingual websites in WordPress, and some of the things you should consider when planning to do so.
The slides from my presentation are available through Slideshare, here:
In the talk, I mention many plugins and tools available to help create your multilingual WordPress site. I thought I’d compile the links for you here.
- Translate WordPress: Home of WordPress Translation Project
- WordPress Translator’s Handbook
- WPML (Content Translation Plugin)
- qTranslateX (Content Translation Plugin)
- Babble (Content Translation Plugin)
- Multisite Language Switcher
- Zanto WP Translation for Multisites
- Loco Translate (PO File Editing Plugin)
- POEdit (Desktop PO File Editor for Windows, Mac & Linux)
Thank you to everyone who came out to hear me speak. If you have any questions, please ask.